Navman Dashcam

ozziebeanie

Serena
Hi All, I hope this finds all with something to smile about in life. A few months ago I purchased a dash cam as my other one bit the dust, it’s a Navman Dashcam MIVUE740 - it came with a GPS but as my GPS is still working I have not used that part.

Anyway the cam is working fine, and saving the images etc of me driving around in set size files but when I transferred a file to my pc, I found that the images are huge, I was going to send one of the film clips to a friend but it was well over a 100mb.

I know not large by movie size standards but is there a program out there that is simple to use that can reduce the file size, I have looked at a couple of free programs that claim to do just that, they either do not reduce the size or are very complicated to use,

So now willing to buy a program and one that is simple to use and would love some suggestions as to what to get, I am not into doing a lot with film mainly just want to reduce file size of digital film clips

Thanks in advance, for any tips or pointers in the right direction

Take care all

Serena

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I use Adobe Premier Elements .... It's easy to use - Only because I'm used to it.
I can combine the Dash Cam "parts", Trim each part and save at a lower resolution.

ozziebeanie

Serena
I use Adobe Premier Elements .... It's easy to use - Only because I'm used to it.
I can combine the Dash Cam "parts", Trim each part and save at a lower resolution.
Will look up that program, thanks for the suggestion, I am not wanting to combine or trim each part, just reduce the size, thanks for answering

ozziebeanie

Serena
What format are the files?
sorry did not get notified of your question, i have since deleted the file i will get the card out of the cam and transfer it to have a look and get back to you, family member has borrowed the car so will have to wait till its returned, thanks for asking

ozziebeanie

Serena
Will look up that program, thanks for the suggestion, I am not wanting to combine or trim each part, just reduce the size, thanks for answering
Sorry i have been run off my feet, i will be getting that program and see how it goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts