1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NAZ trojan, Trojan.FakeAlert

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by armly, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armly

armly Thread Starter

Visiting another forum I was on most of the day, I got the bogus flashes of popups claiming my system was infected. I was sitting idle for some time and I did not confirm anything. Apparantly this found its way right through and open door.

Did a scan with eset, which detected:

Name:
    C:\...\LocalSettings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6VK94TC7\CO[1].php

Threat:
    "a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NAZ trojan

eset said it could not remove this and asked me to clean it, so I did. Although I could not find the file.
    This done, I also scrubbed the pc down with CyberScrub.

Restarted to find that IE7 and Firefox would not render any site, even though network connections shown thru control panel said the the pc was connected. The connection symbol had dissappeared from the system tray.

I then ran Malwarebytes which found the Trojan.FakeAlert that eset failed to find. I then removed it through the Malwarebytes panel.

But now, both browser still will not connect/open any pages.
    I've seen a way to remove mailware right through IE panel, but can't seem to locate it.

Am I doomed if its gone this far? At this time I feel I should at least thank Microsoft and eset. eset used to be better than it is, these are getting more frequent.

note: I've found other "removal instructions" however these list files that haven't even been loaded on my pc, which makes me suspicious.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976606

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice