1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by smooth, Nov 7, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    Well, it is once again the beginning of the NCAA basketball season. :) I know football is still in full force, but with the upcoming basketball, I can already feel the beginnings of some March Madness (y)

Just a thread to discuss anything NCAA basketball related. I wanted to start it off with a great article I read at ESPN.com about Tyler Hansbrough of UNC (y)

Hansbrough one vote away from unanimous preseason pick

I think it's going to be a great year for the Heels. I think they can overcome last year's tough loss in the Elite Eight. They have a really good shot at going all the way this year :)

2. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
  3. valley

valley

Hi Smoothie! Cant wait until those games get going. I hope to watch some on tv long before March but I dont get any sports channels so I might have to settle for following the news online. I'll have to keep my ears open about Hansbrough. He sounds promising, doesnt he! :)

4. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    Hey valley! :) Been so long since I've talked with you, how are you doing? :)

Yes, Hansbrough looks like he is going to have a beast of a year. He is such a passionate player. I love to watch him in games when he just gets in that zone. That's why I love college so much better than the NBA, since you seem to lose a lot of the passion once players hit the pros.

5. valley

valley

I am fine, thanks. Yourself? Staying out of trouble, are you? :D

Yeah, I think thats what really drew me in. Its intense. I watched a few pro games on TV one year but it was during the playoffs and me and the hub were pretty hepped up over it. It still wasnt as exciting as March Madness though. I hope I can learn a bit more about who is playing and how they are playing this time instead of just rooting for the teams, ya know? :)

6. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    Well, maybe not staying out of trouble, what's the fun in that ;) :p I'm good though :)

Definitely agree with you there. Even the NBA Playoffs don't measure up to the regular season of college. College just has that feel of every game matters, and the coaches get all the players to hustle every play, and they use their timeouts at the end of the game to try and tie it up late.

And March Madness, such a awesome time of year. Just the excitement of win or go home. :)

7. valley

valley

LOL..."win or go home"....that sums it up for me too!

8. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    :D(y) Definitely so.

9. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    I remember Hansbrough. He got his nose broke and played with the mask during the playoffs last year. BTW, my Ducks are ranked 12th right now, and our Fab Four, (now Fab Three), are seniors and they're ready to shine...(y)

10. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    Yep, he had it broken in the last game of the regular season when he caught an elbow in the Duke game. He hated wearing the mask, so he took it off about halfway through the first or second game :)

The ducks look good this year :)

Did anyone see the upset of the night? Garner-Webb (of North Carolina ;) ) beating Kentucky 84-68! :eek:

11. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Nope, but thanks, I'll check the box scores right now.

12. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    Yeah, big shocker there. Not a good start as head coach for Bill Gillespie

13. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Looks like their percentages were pretty good, they just forgot to bring the defense..

14. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    Gotta love NCAA b-ball. Upsets abound (y)

15. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Right on, that's why they play the game...(y)

And, BTW, our Lady Ducks are looking NCAA worthy...Sure feels good being a Duck fan right now...(y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice