1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ndis.sys error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Nick B, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick B

Nick B Thread Starter

Well I'm stumped. I like to think I'm pretty good at dealing with computer problems - but this one has me beat.

I built my computer about a month ago now. Starting about 2 weeks ago, I started to have a problem. I leave my computer on 24/7 and when I woke up in the morning, I had an error message on my screen (not a BSOD). It looks like the computer is restarting (perhaps windows update?) but it won't boot into windows because "ndis.sys" is corrupt.

Now I can start windows in safe mode. I've also been able to use my windows disk to repair and it works fine for some time. But it's happened two more times and each time the only way to fix it is using the windows disk to repair.

At the time the problem began, the only thing I had recently installed was a Windows Update. I've ruled out virus or spyware. There were no hardware changes.

At this point, I'm stumped. I'm tempted to think it's something with the mobo. My setup:
    Vista 64-Bit Home Premium Edition
    MSI K9A2 CF-F Motherboard

2. cuttlefish

cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
    Guess you have tried googling for this error?

There are squillions of hits on this one so maybe you can trawl through them and see if any help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice