1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ndrbk32.dll

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by phxl, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phxl

phxl Thread Starter

Hi, everyone! I stumbled in here led by Google because I have the same problem. I, too, can't seem to get rid of that annoying "ndrbk32.dll" message, it even shows up in safe mode!

I've already nuked the "Iexplorer.exe" and "mbtask.exe" processes and deleted them. I did a scan with PC-Cillin and it identified the "ndrbk32.dll" file as a trojan, so I got rid of it.

The stupid thing is that the "search for a file that contains the string 'ndrbk32.dll'" method doesn't seem to work for me, as the search always yields zero results, even though I told the search function to search in hidden and system folders!

Is there anything I can do except reformat and reinstall XP? By the way, I'm currently performing a search for files that contain the text string of the error message I'm getting -- "error loading a dll'. Let's see if I'll get any results (the funny thing is that the message is in English and my copy of XP is in German).

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. I've split you into your own thread for better assistance. Can you post your hijack this log please?

3. phxl

phxl Thread Starter

Sure thing! I hope I did it right.

Code:
    Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.2
    Scan saved at 19:16:29, on 02.10.2003
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Programme\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe
    C:\Programme\D-Tools\daemon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Programme\Proxomitron Naoko-4\Proxomitron.exe
    C:\Programme\Mozilla.org\Firebird\MozillaFirebird.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\THUNDE~1\THUNDE~1.EXE
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\t('-'t)\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\Temporäres Verzeichnis 1 für hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

F0 - system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe mbtask.exe
    F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe mbtask.exe
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Programme\D-Tools\daemon.exe"  -lang 1033
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCCClient.exe] "C:\Programme\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\PCCClient.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Programme\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\pccguide.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop3trap.exe] "C:\Programme\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2003\Pop3trap.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] soundman.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Programme\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
    O4 - Startup: The Proxomitron.lnk = C:\Programme\Proxomitron Naoko-4\Proxomitron.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Nach Microsoft &Excel exportieren - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - [url]http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab[/url]
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6D885DA0-5785-4A64-98E1-553DC924B950}: NameServer = 212.185.252.73 194.25.2.129
    Sorry about the Germanisms in there, but most of the stuff should be self-explanatory.

4. ~Candy~

F0 - system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe mbtask.exe
    F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe mbtask.exe

Fix those.

What is C:\THUNDE~1\THUNDE~1.EXE
    and
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32

5. phxl

phxl Thread Starter

Argh, where the hell did this come from again?

C:\THUNDE~1\THUNDE~1.EXE is Mozilla Thunderbird, mozilla.org's new standalone email client, and
    HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32 seems to be required for the XP Pro IME pad (for foreign language support, I like to play around with Japanese) to work properly.

By the way, how do I fix those system.ini entries? The system.ini in my WINDOWS folder shows no traces of these files. :(

6. ~Candy~

As long as you know what they are, that is fine.......You probably don't need to have them start each and every time windows loads.........

7. phxl

phxl Thread Starter

Oh, I can just disable them in hijackthis, right? Jesus, this program is a godsend. Ok, I've unchecked them, but I'll have to leave for a few hours. I'll report back when I get home. Thank you very much, everyone, by the way.

8. ~Candy~

Right, you should be able to get them disabled by unchecking them in hijack.....that will not remove the programs themselves, just stop them from loading upon startup....unless the program itself has a setting in options that keeps putting it back.

9. phxl

phxl Thread Starter

Alright, it worked! Thanks again!

I'm still somwhat confused, though. Exactly how does Win XP (and I assume 2000 as well) handle the system.ini? There were no such entries in my system.ini file. Is the "real" system.ini file hidden somewhere/compressed/encrypted, whatever?
    I find the fact that that there seems to be a level below the autostarts that you can't really control slightly unsettling, I must admit. In Windows 98 and below editing the system.ini and keeping unwanted entries out was no big deal at all -- why the heck does Mircosoft keep on hiding things and dumbing things down so that you're even more screwed when you catch somethng nasty? Imagine a not very computer-savvy user using Windows XP right out of the box and catching a trojan -- not pretty.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169040

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice