1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NEC 1800 Driver for ViSTA

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Danyo, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Danyo

Danyo Thread Starter

I installed Vista Home Edition Premium and my NEC Superscript 1800 printer doesn't work.
    Vista doesn't recognize the driver for the printer. I've checked with NEC and they don't have one for VISTA.
    Would anybody know where I might be able to locate the NEC driver for VISTA?

2. bigbear

bigbear

This is the problem with buying a new OS too soon, the rest of the industry has to play catch up.
    I am not even going to consider Vista for at least a year
    If your printer is a few years old it could take awhile before they get around to creating the the drivers if at all.
    They will concentrate on the latest printers first

3. Danyo

Danyo Thread Starter

I would think the new OS would still support some of the older peripherials. All of a sudden, installing the new OS, most of the peripherials stop working.
    Doesn't make sense to have a new OS and not support the peripherials.

4. bigbear

bigbear

I am sure they are working on it but it takes time,
    Go to the Vista forum for more advice

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice