1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nec and his Technical Support

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by molisto, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. molisto

molisto Thread Starter

Here you have the email I have sent to the Nec Technical Support and below the reply.

Dear Sir:

I am writing to you because my printer does not work with my new computer which uses Windows XP, in my old computer it works perfectly. I have looked for the windows xp drivers but I did not find them. Are you going to release them soon? My printer is a Superscript 660 plus.

Thank you.

REPLY:
    Dear NEC customer,

The 660plus is not supported in Windows XP. NEC is no longer developing drivers for the 660plus as NEC is exiting the printer industry. You may want to email again after XP has been offcially released for a few months. We may discover a work around.

Thank you for contacting NEC.
    OnLine: http:\\www.nectech.com
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Phone: 1-800-632-4650

Brad

-After that I can say: I have a printer in the dustbin, NEC has lost a customer in the other "industries" they are not "exiting".-

Please if someone know these drivers I will be pleased....

Thank you.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Maybe you should have checked all your hardware to see if it was supported by XP. Not everything is and most manufacturers have not written drivers for it yet. Find a generic driver for an NEC printer similar to yours in XP's native drivers and use that. They offered a workaround if they found one so what are you complaining about....do a little research!

3. RandyG

RandyG

Welcome to TSG!

Not to put it quite as bluntly as Rockn does, if NEC says they don't support the older printer with a new OS, then there is nothing more you can do about it, other than using the drivers provided with Windows XP. In your user handbook, there should be a listing of alternate drivers you could use, and see if they are available in XP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/56573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice