NEC unveils massive 82-inch Monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

3kgt

NEC Display Solutions has itself a new 82-inch display today which, while designed for professional-grade usage, could probably find its way into your home quite easily. It is called the MultiSync LCD8205 and you can pick yourself up one for around $55,000 before Christmas.

If I had lots of money RootbeaR I would get the giant 8 foot by 22 foot screen that a company right here in town makes. I seen it on the news the other day and they do all the really big screens your see ads on and it was like wow. Plus I would need to but a bigger house so they could set it up and then bet a AC just to keep the room cool from something that big putting out the heat.

if i had lots of money rootbear i would get the giant 8 foot by 22 foot screen that a company right here in town makes. I seen it on the news the other day and they do all the really big screens your see ads on and it was like wow. Plus i would need to but a bigger house so they could set it up and then bet a ac just to keep the room cool from something that big putting out the heat.
:D (y)

A

amadeus2k8

Considering its an 82 inch monitor, a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 HD resolution isn't that impressive, I mean with the size of the thing you would want a bit more detail.

1080p/i is amazing on smaller monitors but on a screen this size I would have expected, WQXGA [2560×1600] or something thereabouts

Yea and when your closer to the screen it will look even worse amadeus2k8.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suspect that large a monitor would be intended for viewing at greater distances, so 1080p resolution would still look pretty good.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Yup, this obviously isn't designed to be used on top of a desk -- it's going to be behind the front desk running ads or tiled behind Dan's band as they perform. ;)

A

amadeus2k8

Apparently John Lewis in London has a 103inch Panasonic HDTV on display also 1080p omg grr

My wife saw it used on CNN political news a few days ago, and was telling me about it then. When I read this thing to her, she recognized it immediately. So, it is in a professional grade setting.
OIG

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online