1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NEC3550A Problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jaydoc, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaydoc

jaydoc Thread Starter

I just removed a 4X DVD burner that worked fairly well. I installed an OEM NEC ND-3550A purchased from NewEgg. The NEC will play "store bought" DVDs just fine. It will play all CDs o.k. When I try to play a DVD I've burned (using my old 4X) and Windows Media Player, the screen on WMP stays dark. If I go to "Play," or "Menu," I read a message, , "No Disk In Drive." I don't recall changing any settings or deleting anything. The NEC lights up for about 10-20 seconds as if it's trying to work, but then it shuts down and WMP goes nowhere. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm running a Presario, Windows XP Home,
    Windows Media Player.

2. emoxley

emoxley

It may not like the media you used. Some players are funny that way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!