1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nedd help with computer heating problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bagger123, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bagger123

bagger123 Thread Starter

hi i run windows Xp and now my cpu tower is hot everytime i touch it. what is the problem. i dont play games, burn cd, ect...
    i need help plz

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

Take the case sides off and see if which part is hot. You may need to get any range of things.

3. dai

dai

i gather you are talking about the case and not the cpu
    if so is the case hotter around the p/supply area if it is check the fan is operating,does it cool down with the sides off.if it does leave the sides off until you find the problem.i would try another p/s if it is the problem and it goes it can take most of the components with it.
    check all fans are working

4. Denim

Denim

Bagger I was having the Same Problem with my Gateway, and come to find out it was My Universal Power Supply Fan and Unversial power Supply Unit that Had went out. I finally gotten another One out of Gateway ( by the Wrath of God to put it nicely ) Since it was still under warnity. Am having it put in today, will Let you know In a couple of days if that took care of the problem on My system. Since your problem sounds similar to mine
    Your buddy ,
    Denim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice