Nedd help with computer heating problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bagger123

hi i run windows Xp and now my cpu tower is hot everytime i touch it. what is the problem. i dont play games, burn cd, ect...
i need help plz

Take the case sides off and see if which part is hot. You may need to get any range of things.

dai

i gather you are talking about the case and not the cpu
if so is the case hotter around the p/supply area if it is check the fan is operating,does it cool down with the sides off.if it does leave the sides off until you find the problem.i would try another p/s if it is the problem and it goes it can take most of the components with it.
check all fans are working

Bagger I was having the Same Problem with my Gateway, and come to find out it was My Universal Power Supply Fan and Unversial power Supply Unit that Had went out. I finally gotten another One out of Gateway ( by the Wrath of God to put it nicely ) Since it was still under warnity. Am having it put in today, will Let you know In a couple of days if that took care of the problem on My system. Since your problem sounds similar to mine
Your buddy ,
Denim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online