1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need 256 Collour

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by littlemiss69, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlemiss69

littlemiss69 Thread Starter

Hi
    Recently formatted computer and have for some reason only got options of 2 and 16 bit colour. i would like if possible to return to 256 colour. I have Win98
    Thanks
    LittleMiss69

2. THoey

THoey

You will need to reload your video drivers. If you don't have them on disk, you will need to download them from their website.

Or, you can try here:

http://www.windrivers.com/

3. mikeybee

mikeybee

hi

i had a similar problem. solved it by installing the correct graphic card drivers. as you don't specify what graphics card you have got i can't really be more helpful. if you are not sure right click on your 'my computer' icon and select properties. this will take you to the device manager. douple click on display adapters and it will tell you the exact card installed on your system.

If you do a search in google for that name plus drivers it should take you to their website where you can find the drivers you need.

hope it helps

mikeybee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice