Need a bat script to rename a file based on date while doing ftp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

saadmannan

Here is my situation.

I have a server which is saving file everyday in the following format: TACO_2012-Dec-30__21-50-00_UTC.csv

I want to rename this file to following format using bat script: TACO_20121230_215000.csv TACO_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.csv

Here is what I want to do as a script 1. Login to ftp server 2. rename file to the new format as above

Please help...

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Have to assume that the file name is going to be different each day. How are we suppose to know what the file name is to rename on the ftp server?

saadmannan

Yes file name will be different everyday as it takes date from the sever. About the FTP rename I tried to rename a file using Command prompt and it did it Successfully

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online