1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a CD software to: burn, convert files and possibly edit

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Pbman, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

I have an older Nero and was thinking about buying an updated version. But I see a lot of free ones too.

Here are my main uses for having a CD software-

It would be helpful for ISO to CD creation but Windows has that built in, if needed.

Burn CD's or DVD's

Convert flac files to mp3 (Lame)

Would like an editor to take a single audio or video track and split it into tracks.

Thanks

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I haven't burned CDs and DVDs in a long time. I prefer to save my data/audio/video on sd and micro sd cards. Backups on USB sticks.
    1. In Windows 7, I right click any ISO and I can burn it.
    (I usually just "burn" live linux so that is put onto a USB stick. I think I may have burned a Win 7 ISO as a recue DVD, if needed.)
    2. VLC can convert flac to mp3
    https://videoconverter.iskysoft.com/convert-mp3/convert-flac-to-mp3-vlc.html

If you want the mp3 files on a CD to play in a car, I find it easier to save and burn as a data CD because more files can fit on the CD. I have a Christmas CD that has 32 tracks on it.

3. The last time I played with editing audio tracks was a few years back when I attached a Sony walkman to a computer and used Audacity to save the tracks as wav or mp3 files. I didn't make 1 long track. I suspect Audacity would allow you to split an audio track.
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/split-merge-audio-files-using-audacity
    The only thing I did was cut off the silence at the beginning and the end of a track.

4. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

I down loaded and it looks like a nice program but I don't see any conversation tools. Am I not seeing something?

Thanks

5. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

Typically what I do is save the mp3s to folders I create for each artist. The I either to listen on the phone or at home. I don't burn nearly as much as I used to.

6. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

7. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

8. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

9. Pbman

Pbman Thread Starter

I went there and downloaded , like before, Music Studio 2018. After the partial install I had to go to the website to enter my entail to get a key. I never get a key back after 3-4 times. Checked every folder possible including inbox and spam. In the end I downloaded Music Studio &, but it has a 10 day trial.

10. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

I don't know why then I use a lot of their software and got a key from them yesterday for that program. It must be one of those internet anomalies (n)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice