1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a doorbell that dials my phone number

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Ethridge, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I read an article several months back about a new device that attached to your doorbell that would actually dial a phone number when the doorbell button was pressed. You answer the phone and talk to the person at the door. Actually, the person at the door was unknowingly talking to you by phone, thinking you were home and talking by intercom.

I want to set up a similar system up using a computer and a land line that will dial my cell phone.

Anyone know of a way/hardware/web site or a how-to on this kind of thing? I'm not coming up with anything in a Google search.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Thanks but that's a GSM device. I'm looking for something that dials from a land line.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064594