1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a good 54g card w/ antenna connector

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jringer77, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jringer77

jringer77 Thread Starter

Does anyone have any tips on a good 802.11g PC card? I'd really like to get one with a connector for an antenna. Basically, what I'd like to accomplish is sharing one cable internet connection with some buddies on the other side of my apartment complex. Figured this may be an interesting way. Don't worry, we do have a wireless router, I'm just trying to get a better signal.
    Also, we have 2 wireless routers; is there a way for them to talk and share one internet connection?

Thanks,

RINGER :)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Routers only run in gateway mode, so there is no way to share the connection that way. I'd consider something like this DWL-G810 D-Link wireless bridge, you can connect multiple computers through a simple switch on the other side of the bridge. You can also a directional antenna for better range, and it supports WPA for security concerns. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/237185

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice