Need a good embedded server application for serving a micro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soundman

If you're reading this then you might be able to help me.
I need to develop an application to serve a client. The client being an M16C microcontroller which is interfaced to the ethernet via a Cs8900a module.
All I need the M16C to do is to set a selected range of pins high or low remotely from a web browser to be used by any user over the internet. This will be in the form of arguments to a function presumably (as I haven't finalised the workings yet).
I don't know much about this sort of stuff, but I know how Ethernet works and a little about various protocols etc and programming in C.
Can anyone suggest a suitable solution? I want to know what I should write the server in and any tips for doing it. Cheers in advance if you can help. I should also add that I am programming the workings of the micro in C.
I just want the application to be a no-frills deal but still look nice on a browser (all it has to do is to accept users directions to switch pins/ports and accept incoming info)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online