1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a good replacement for Winamp 5.666

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Jimmyjackjumpup, Oct 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimmyjackjumpup

Jimmyjackjumpup Thread Starter

I have used and loved Winamp for many years but, alas, it has, like me, grown old and decrepit.

My big problem is with the faulty "shuffle" feature. I fill a 3 hour play list and in 20 minuets it is replaying songs. Today it played the same track 3 times in a row.

Anyhow I am looking for a player that will shuffle the playlist and play all the tracks once before it starts the list over again. Dose anybody have a good suggestion?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 112 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3981 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics, 80 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (889 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 863C
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I moved from WinAmp to MediaMonkey.

I don't know about shuffle, but there are numerous play options with and without using playlists.

4. Jimmyjackjumpup

I have VLC on my comp already. Use it to play DVDs but kind of hard to figure out how to use the music player. Thanks for the link though. Went there and got an update. Am playing it now. Let you know. Hmmmm... It just played a song that was not in the playlist. Don't know how it did it but that is not a good sign.

MediaMonkey? Don't know that one but I will look it up and give it a try.

Still looking for a good app though so if you have any favs let me know. I had a really good one several years ago but can't remember the name of it. Something DJ like that is going to help me find it! LOL Half of the apps out there have DJ in the name.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you want ALL the songs to play, don't shuffle.

Put the 3 hours of songs you want to hear in your playlist and let it play through them in order. You can order them by putting numbers in front of the titles.

We own four mp3 players. Shuffle on all gives no guarantee that all songs will play. It just guarantees that the songs will be mixed from the order on the device.

6. Jimmyjackjumpup

Thanks for your input plodr. But. I used the 3 hour long playlist as an example. I do use a 3 hour playlist, sometimes, but for the most part I put together a playlist that is more like 24 hours long and the shuffle just gets stuck in a loop.

The real problem is in my head. You see I hate to know what the next song that is going to play is. Don't ask me why. I don't know. I'm just crazy that way. Don't ask me to explain this crazy. Crazy is contagious and you don't want this.

As I said. I had a program (remember when they called apps programs?) that had that function years ago on another computer but I didn't move it over to the new computer and lost it. Now I have forgotten its name and cant find the download.

I am just looking for an app with that function. I can't find one. Dose anybody know of one?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  7. 2twenty2

2twenty2

8. Jimmyjackjumpup

Majorgeeks.com that is a keeper. Thanks for the link.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice