Need a list of supported processors for this board.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

Dell Dimension E310, service tag 6LXTY91, Pentium 4, Socket 775. Everest identifies chipset Grantsdale-G i915GV and main board as Dell DV051.

How do I find a list of supported processors?

The only one that can answer that question is Dell since they would know how the BIOS was setup. I doubt that it would support much more that the P4 521 2.8GHz. that it was shipped with.

Alex Ethridge

The only two experiences with Dell that I have had is that they suggest their own processors by their own stock numbers, a strategy designed to corral my business at a much higher price than if I could figure it out without them.

There were four 521 processors.

SL8HX CPUID String OF41h 1MB Cache
SL82V CPUID String OF41h 1MB Cache
SL9GC CPUID String 0F49h 1MB Cache
SL8PP CPUID String OF49h 1MB Cache

All had a PCG rating of 04A

If you take your existing 521 and find the CPUID String (which is going to be one of the above) and find another 5xx processor with the same CPUID String, the same PCG rating and the same cache it MAY work.

The fastest 5xx with a CPUID String of OF49h with a 1MB cache and a PCG of 04A is the 3.40GHz. SL8PS (P4-551).

The fastest 5xx with a CPUID String of OF41h with a 1MB cache and a PCG of 04A is the 3.40GHz. SL833 (P4-550J).

I'm sure there are others but this is as far as I looked and the fastest I found. The 915 chipset with certain speed processors only certain sSpec numbers would work.

The only way you are going to be able to tell if another processor will run will either be from Dell or through trial and error testing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online