1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a Microsoft UAA Bus driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Seahawks21, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Seahawks21

Seahawks21 Thread Starter

I've been getting the dreaded "No Audio Output Device is Installed" message, and have no sound. I have been lead down a path to download a new Microsoft UAA Bus Driver. My problem is, how can I find the right one for my computer? There are so many out there, how will I know? I've got a HP Dv2500 series laptop and am running Vista 32 bit. This has been going on for three months, so any help is beyond appreciated. Sorry for the lack of detail, I'm a newb. Thanks folks!

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    A couple of things to try. Go to the MS Update site and make sure you have the latest updates for Vista.

And here is where you'll find the audio drivers that came with your machine..

Here

3. Seahawks21

Actually, I believe a Windows update was the culprit for why it is gone to begin with, so I'm going to try moving forward without them for a while. I've downloaded just about everything on that list. The problem is that there isn't a UAA Bus driver available on that list. Does that mean it doesn't apply to my computer? Or how can I find a UAA bus driver that may not be on that list?

4. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Do you have the DVD that came with the machine?

5. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    This might point you in a good direction, at least what it is, however I don't see Vista on the list...

More

6. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    By the way, since you said it might have been caused by an update, have you tried and 'system restore' to back before this happened?

7. Seahawks21

I tried system restore, I even went as far as to re-install windows. I figured that would HAVE to fix it. Do you think that might signify a bigger problem? Is it possible that onboard sound can become disconnected? I ran a driver detective program that said my speaker is unplugged, but I'm figuring that is because it can't even be detected without this bus driver. Thanks Ekim!

8. Seahawks21

Yep, I've downloaded that one before. I've tried 5/6, but none of them have Vista listed, it's kinda strange.

9. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    You said you re-installed Windows? How? By the way that particular driver is for Hi-Def Audio, do you use it that way? Can you access the sound through a USB port? Also, that driver is also associated with a modem, so you might checked on modem drivers, eh? ;)

10. Seahawks21

I re-formatted and installed windows with a disk from my cousin. Sorry, I don't know how to access sound through a USB port. I have no idea if I use Hi-Def audio or not. I just want any audio at all other than the annoying beep that lets me know I have none. I've tried headphones though, and nothing changed. I downloaded the modem driver listed as well. Nothing happened. Do you think I could find sound again if I purchased a sound card? I've heard both ways. If my onboard sound was somehow detached from my motherboard, is this the kind of error I would be getting?

11. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    You re-formatted and installed Windows with a disk from your cousin? Is this a legitimate copy for your machine?

12. Seahawks21

No, this is not a legitimate copy, but the problem existed before I installed it.

13. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Not legitimate, eh? Sorry can't help anymore....

14. Seahawks21

Oh, sorry, I was confused with my other laptop. This one has a genuine copy.

15. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Whether you were confused or not, we do not assist with illegal software. Please read and follow the rules when posting. This thread is closed.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025346

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice