1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a New Board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bearaids, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bearaids

Bearaids Thread Starter

Hi, i need a new board my computer is currently not working and it freezes at the motherboard screen ive done tons of tests and diganosed it to be the motherboard as the problem. (ive also posted about this a few weeks ago)

I need to get a replacement board thats cheap under 100 bucks pref if you can help thanks.

Motherboard That needs Replacing - MCP61PM-HM (Has AMD Processor in it)

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    It's a micro-ATX AM2+ board. So any similar board that you can find (or the exact same board even), should work.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

A new board basically means a new computer. Aboout the only difference is that you could move the processor over if you got a compatible board.

Not sure what "tests" you may have done, but I know of none that a normal user could use that could diagnose a bad board definitively. Certainly not any tests that are software-only. What symptoms has your system had?

What is the make and model? Did Windows come with it? It is possible that if you get a new board, you will also need to buy a new copy of Windows if the one installed is OEM.

4. Bearaids

Bearaids Thread Starter

As for tests. I have many spare parts that work and ive replaced everything in the system, (a motherboard that is compatable.) different power supply, new ram, a new harddrive Windows xp 32 bit and new cpu...basically ive tryed all my spare working parts with the motherboard and i have the same problem...

i didnt mean to come off as a jerk in that i was just naming off the things ive tryed.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Not at all. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't decide this based on "vibes", wild assumptions, or some freeware from CNET. I don't mean to be a jerk, either. :D I just would not want you to throw money away.

OK. So if you need a new board, you may want to explore the consequences of that as far as your Windows installation goes, unless you have a retail copy of your OS and you can just reinstall it if you need to.

If that is not an issue, then forget I mentioned it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1001434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice