1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a New Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by createexplore, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. createexplore

createexplore Thread Starter

Hello i am looking to buy a new graphics card (
    Palit GeForce GT 1030) but idk if it will well into my mother board (Motherboard Name ASRock G41M-VS3) i really need your help if it will fit in without a problem please help me and thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
  2. lynx1021

lynx1021

Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible.Need to know the, Operating system, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc. Before I can answer your question

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I would NOT recommend getting a 10xx card. You have a legacy bios and the 10xx series need a uefi type bios. Sometimes these cards can be made to work with a bios update however that is a BIG if

4. createexplore

Windows 10 pro, intel core tm quad cpu q9400 2.66gz,nvidia ge force 720 ,hdmi, and dvi-d im using dvi-d,4 gb ram ddr3,220-240 pw @lynx1021

5. createexplore

what about
    AMD RX 550 or
    GTX 750 Ti will they work ? i really need to know @crjdriver

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

The GT1030 recommends a 300watt PS, the GTX 750TI recommends at least a 400 watt supply. Read where One guy put a MSI brand GTX750TI in his Asrock g41m-vs3 and it did not work. He Tried it in a Gigabyte 775 board and it did work. Sounds like it depends on the motherboard BIOS. Read the ZOTAC GTX750TI may work with legacy Bios.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are not installing any video card with a 240W pw supply. First thing you need to do is install a quality pw supply.
    The newest card I would attempt to install would be 7xx series and that is ONLY after a pw supply is installed.

8. createexplore

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice