Need a new router.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sneblot

Ok so I have just been asked by my house mate to get a new G router as the one we currently have keeps needing to be reset as the signal constantly drops out. Our current router is a Philips SNB5600 which has to support 4 computers on a network 3 of which are being used almost constantly the 4th is just a media machine which is used to stream videos and music to the lounge. Here is the current problem, the router does not seem to be strong enough to support all four machines at once most of the time it can only support two of them, and one of these machines has a wired connection. So I'm currently looking for a router which will be able to support 4 or more computers at once with out much problems. Network usage is thus lots of streaming, some online gaming L4D and the sort. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

leroys1000

Banned
Oops sorry,seller withdrew that listing.
I'll check directly.

Tigerdirect is out,but this is what I picked up
when my dlink started getting screwy.
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=WRT120N-RM-PB-R&utm_source=GoogleProducts&utm_medium=ShoppingSites&utm_campaign=WRT120N-RM-PB-R
I can stream videos on my HTPC while playing online mmorpg games and having
a friend connected and no problem whatever.
I think this also has QOS for bandwidth control if I remember correctly.

I would not suggest updating the firmware on this.
I have seen posts that say the new firmware is buggy.
It works great without updating.

Sneblot

Thanks for the advice I had been looking at getting this Buffalo WHR-G300NV2-EU but I will look into the N750 as it looks quite good. Though is a little more expensive so I'll have to talk to my house mate about it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts