1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a pcmcia reader

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dzones, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dzones

dzones Thread Starter

Ok I have a laptop that has 4 usb ports and built in nic/modem/ firewire and such but there is NO pcmcia slots at all.
    I need a pcmcia slot so i can use my wireless pcmcia card in my motorhome.

is there a device out there that i can plug into my usb or firewire port that can enable me to read the pcmcia cards?

I have found many that can read the compact flash cards and even the hard drive pcmcia cards but that is it.

anyone know if such a beast exists?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Most unusual? What make/model.
    Don't know of such a thing. It will probably be cheaper to buy a USB Wireless card.

3. omegax

omegax

4. dzones

dzones Thread Starter

It is more a custom build. it has a P4 2.4 cpu and is upgradeable to 2.8, 1gb ram, 4 usb 2.0 slots, firewire port, 56k, lan, 64mb ddr video even. 15" screen...but alas no pcmcia.
    USB wireless...not sure if it will work with the verizon wireless network. have to check on that.

Yeah I saw that too but none of those are actual pcmcia card readers, just compact flash and pcmcia hard drive readers and such.

Thanks all the same guys...my hunt continues...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice