1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need a recommendation

Discussion in 'General Security' started by tranch, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

Can someone recommend a spam blocker for my email, Outlook Express, Windows XP. I had MailWasher on my PC but accidentally deleted it while cleaning up some old programs. :( Now I can't get it to reinstall back on my PC. I try to reinstall it and it just locks up. :mad:
    If someone knows of a fix I'd like to continue using it, but if not another spam blocker would be just as good or better.

2. SendEveryone

SendEveryone

I had the same problem with my Mailwasher Pro, I downloaded IOBit's free ToolBox (link below) and used their uninstall tool. This not only uninstalled Mailwasher, it cleaned every thing to do with the program out of the registry and then did a deep scan of my computer and cleaned out all of the other stuff that was left behind that windows uninstall doesn't do. If you have already uninstalled Mailwasher, try to reinstall a failed copy, then use the tool to get every thing out including the problems that it may be causing, then use the registry cleaner just to make sure that their isn't a conflict with some other program. It worked for me. Perhaps it will work for your Mailwasher problem. http://www.majorgeeks.com/IObit_Toolbox_d6503.html good luck...

3. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

Registry cleaners are not recommended on this site. They frequently "fix" what isn't broken and can render programs or the operating system useless.

4. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

I wasn't looking for a registry cleaner, I know how "problematic" they can be from past experience. Fiddling with the registry is a definate no, no for me! :eek: :eek: :eek: When I saw that the download that SendEveryone suggested had something to do with the registry, I ran as fast as I could to the other side of the world to get away! :D :D I was looking for a recommendation for a Spam Filter for my email.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice