1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need A Single Page Search Tool

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by HowdeeDoodee, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HowdeeDoodee

HowdeeDoodee Thread Starter

IE and Firefox, along with nearly every other browser, offers a page search tool. I need to find a page search tool to put on my web pages so the user can click on the tool and search an individual page, not the whole site. Hopefully, the single page search tool will highlight a found word/words like the embedded browser tools do.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

2. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Why not just tell them to press Ctrl+F?

3. HowdeeDoodee

Telling the user what to do must be my only option. Thank you.

4. oksteve

oksteve

most users tend to expect a search tool on a site especially if it is info rich.
    I am sure if you googled "web forms" you'd find an array of options.

However you may just need to create a FAQ section on that page .
    If you need help with that let me know.

5. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

If you're not going to be nice I won't waste my time on you. :rolleyes:

6. oksteve

oksteve

c'mon what did you expect? Telling potential customers or interested parties to do that ? No they'd go elsewhere.

I think Howdee let you off lightly

7. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

8. oksteve

oksteve

Ok Erik if you need therapy, if you need your ego stroked each time you 'help' someone then your going to spend a lot of your time being angry and judgemental .

Howdee is not a jerk for not giving you the respect you think you deserve.
    His/her answer showed great restraint in the reply given.

Knowledge is power as you must know and sometimes people get annoyed at having to ask for help.
    We don't know what agrovation they have gone through to get here.
    We have no idea what their lives are like. I have no idea what your life is like. It could be really easy or really hard.
    If someone asks a question and I know the answer I tell them, no fee of any kind. Its nice if they come back and say thanks but if they don't then sobeit, I move on, I have my karma they have theirs and you have yours Erik.

9. oksteve

oksteve

Like your website btw
    Mighty mouse cooool

10. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

I disagree with you on the nature of his/her reply but whatever. :) And no I am not angry or judgmental nor do I need my ego stroked, after all why would I have 2,000+ posts of helping people if I didn't want to help people? ;)

My point is that I shouldn't feel very inclined to help someone when they come back with a rather rude reply to a simple question I asked. :)

Thanks. :) Haven't done much with it lately because I'm so busy with life. :p

11. oksteve

oksteve

ok Erik...we will agree to differ :)

12. HowdeeDoodee

I said "thank you" twice. I do really appreciate the help people give for free. I spend all my time helping for free so I have an appreciation for what those of you on this forum and others do to help.

Thank you again.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice