Need a topic for a paper

PCG342

Banned
Okay, I've gotta write a theory paper about James Joyce; we've been reading Dubliners.
Now, I haven't got a fragging clue what to write about.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

PCG342 said:
Okay, I've gotta write a theory paper about James Joyce; we've been reading Dubliners.
Now, I haven't got a fragging clue what to write about.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
what's a theory paper, PCG?

PCG342

Banned
*sigh* Now this is a tough one to explain...
it's essentially a summary of the literature, and some sort of discussion that will increase the reader's theoretical knowledge of the subject. So, expanding on some underlying theme, or something. I just don't know what the hell to do....

PCG342 said:
*sigh* Now this is a tough one to explain...
it's essentially a summary of the literature, and some sort of discussion that will increase the reader's theoretical knowledge of the subject. So, expanding on some underlying theme, or something. I just don't know what the hell to do....
have you wiki'd it yet? some links there might head you down that road :)

not a good thing to do iltos.schools will FAIL YOU if you cite wikipedia as your source of info in a topic as anyone with a account can edit the information so its not 100% correct so schools don't credit it.

In the Uk there has been so much copying from the internet i believe they are going to stop course work as part of the exam process

lexmarks567 said:
not a good thing to do iltos.schools will FAIL YOU if you cite wikipedia as your source of info in a topic as anyone with a account can edit the information so its not 100% correct so schools don't credit it.
i didn't know that, lex, thanks....lotta food for thought in the article i saw there, tho....some of the links are off site, too....

PCG seems like a smart one...i'm sure he'll figure something out (assuming he's actually read the stories ;) )

and you did......right, PCG? :D

PCG342

Banned
lexmarks567 said:
You are 100% correct. Some Wikipedia entries are objective, some aren't. It's a pretty big gamble, so there's no real credibility.
Plus, again, any uninformed monkey can enter something.

PCG342

Banned
Oh, and I did read it, and I figured something out. Got it done, handed it in. Still a little cranked from the vic/coffee combo that kept me running all night. Now I gotta start on my Brave New World paper, or research for my school censorship paper.
I hate being me. :p

Wow, I love "Dubliners". My favorite stories were "Eveline" and "The Dead" (which was made in to a beautiful movie by John Huston), I'll have to read it again.

What theory did you write about? I hated having to write papers, that's why I majored in accounting. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online