1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Acer notebook Aspire 3610 ethernet driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by haldunlavy, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. haldunlavy

haldunlavy Thread Starter

Need Acer notebook Aspire 3610 ethernet driver. Downloaded all drivers from Acer support, but could not find driver to make my ethernet connection work. Closest thing to a driver was their Lan driver but it did not have an application file (exe) to install the driver. Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The LAN file downloads as a .zip file.

Create an empty folder on your desktop and then download that .zip file into it.

Right-click that .zip file and extract the contents into that same folder.

There should be 4 files:

NetrtOEM.cat

NetrtOEM.inf

Rtlnic.sys

Rtlnicxp.sys

Right-click the .inf file and then click Install.

If the driver doesn't install that way, you need to install it via the "Update Driver" function of the network adapter in the Device Manager. Once you navigate to the .inf file, it should install.

To obtain the .zip file, you need to start from here and then navigate to your model number.

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. haldunlavy

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately i cannot get anything you are suggesting to install the NetrtOEM.inf file although the computer is seeing that file. I keep getting "could not find the software on your computer .... although all 4 files. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
    The LAN file downloads as a .zip file.

Create an empty folder on your desktop and then download that .zip file into it.

Right-click that .zip file and extract the contents into that same folder.

There should be 4 files:

NetrtOEM.cat

NetrtOEM.inf

Rtlnic.sys

Rtlnicxp.sys

Right-click the .inf file and then click Install.

If the driver doesn't install that way, you need to install it via the "Update Driver" function of the network adapter in the Device Manager. Once you navigate to the .inf file, it should install.

To obtain the .zip file, you need to start from here and then navigate to your model number.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Go into the Device Manager and into the properties for the network adapter.

Click "Update Driver" and then navigate to the .ZIP file and then to the .INF file.

Once you select the .INF file and click OK, the driver should install.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Were you able to extract the downloaded .ZIP file and view the files?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

5. haldunlavy

I was able to extract the downloaded .ZIP file and view the files. I have accessed the files with no problem. I had already done the update driver procedure as you suggested. This is really a mystery. It actually seems not to have ethenet hardware anymore, although it was connecting to the internet before I formatted the hard disk and re-installed windowsXP. It doesnt even have a yellow question mark in the device manager for it waiting on the driver to be installed. I seem to be out of options on figuring this out.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    In the Device Manager, is Network Adapters listed? If it is, what's listed in the sub-menu?

Is Other Devices and/or Unknown Devices listed? If there is, what's listed in the sub-menu?

------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/832540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice