1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need advice about a networking product

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Netloss, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netloss

Netloss Thread Starter

My unabashedly geeky goal is to run two Xboxes on Xbox Live with minimal cables.

I know you can get plug-in cards that add wireless capability to an Xbox, but I don't want something that specialized. I want a different sort of product, which I imagine *must* exist; I'm just having trouble identifying what it is called and where I can buy it. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I already have a Netgear wireless router/gateway. I want a device that communicates with the Netgear, and which has at least two standard ethernet jacks. I would put the device in the room with the Xboxes and connect both to it with very short lengths of cable. They would then communicate with the Netgear through that device. I think this would be much better than running cable all the way from the Netgear to the room with the Xboxes, and probably cheaper than getting each Xbox a separate wireless adapter.

If I'm not mistaken, Apple's Airport Express would do the job for *one* Xbox, because it has an ethernet port. I want something that can handle more than one device.

Thanks in advance if anyone can point me toward a particular product, or class of products.

--netloss

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice