1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need advice about "going virtual"

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by leanneorr, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leanneorr

leanneorr Thread Starter

Hi all

I work in a small business and as there is only 4 of us in total we've decided to go virtual (at the least possible cost).

So, our setup now is a shared drive between 4 computers (we are going to put these files online with drop box or livedrive.com)

Our calander from outlook has been uploaded to google calander and this is great as it is free and we can sync it with our phones.

The last step is our email. First of all, our website is being hosted with our business park who are going to continue hosting it for us. We can access our mail online via our browsers which is hosted by nexent.
    Accessing our email online ideal, especially for the boss who travels alot, but the only problem is that when we send email, we cannot view our sent items, this is important as we send out free materials etc. The view of the mail is very basic. I was going to go down the google mail route for organisations but before I go parting my money with this is anyone aware of anything cheaper?

Will hosting our mail with a different provider affect anything?

And does anyone have any tips or advice before I put all of this in place?

Thanks in advance

2. AQ78

AQ78

Conisider exahnge hosted email then local copies of outlook will be able to keep a full cached copy of email

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice