1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Advice for Internet Monitoring Program

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by CGS84, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGS84

CGS84 Thread Starter

Hi there.. my computer is constantly downloading packets from the internet but I don't know what it's downloading.

Is there any program that I could use to find out what application is downloading data from the internet? Please help.

I tried looking into the Task Manager and didn't find anything unusual there.
    I tried looking into the msconfig for unusual applications in the startup.
    I tried configuring the firewall for unwanted "internet connecting" programs.

I stopped the Windows Automatic Update 'cause I thougt that was downloading the updates but my little terminals in the task bar still keep blinking constantly.

(Internet Monitoring Software, or Internet Access Monitoring Software.. I don't know what they are called)

Thanks in advance

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anti Virus: Avast!
    Computer: Compaq PresarioM2000

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice