1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need advice on burned DVDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dzrose93, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dzrose93

dzrose93 Thread Starter

I don't know if this is the right forum or not, but here goes...

I'm having trouble with my wedding DVDs. The guy who filmed my wedding and reception did all of the editing on his Mac computer. Then he burned one DVD for the wedding and another for the reception (both on his mac) and sent them to me.

The first time he mailed the DVDs to me, they were on the DVD-R discs. They wouldn't work on my 2-year-old Philips DVD player, and they wouldn't work on my parents' brand new Pioneer DVD player that they got for Christmas. They'd start to play fine, then they'd start pixellating, and finally they'd freeze.

So, the guy burned the DVDs again, this time using DVD+R discs because the box that my parents' player came in said that it could read DVD+R. We thought that might have been the problem.

However, we tried the new DVD+R discs over the weekend on both DVD players and again, they don't work. Same exact problem as before -- at first, they work fine, then they start pixellating and finally they freeze up entirely.

The guy says that he doesn't know what's causing the problem, because the DVDs work fine on his DVD player. He also tried it on a couple of other players, and the DVDs were fine there, too. He doesn't know what else to do at this point, and he's suggested that we purchase different DVD players. (He sent me a list of players that are supposedly compatible with DVD-R discs.) However, I really don't want to buy new players when I and my parents both have DVD players that play all other DVDs with no problems.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm open to any ideas. At this point, he's offering VHS tapes, but I really want DVDs because the quality is better and they last longer. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. dzrose93

dzrose93 Thread Starter

bump! Please help if you can. I'm not technologically-savvy, so I have no idea how to fix this DVD problem.

Thanks!! :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/198181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice