1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need advice on connecting my Dell PC/nVidia card to my HDTV...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Telstar, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telstar

Telstar Thread Starter

Hi,
    Windows XP SP2
    Dell DIM4400
    Video Processor nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 w/TV out (latest driver updated)
    nVidia Control Panel
    Mitsubishi WS-55807 (RPTV-HDTV)
    S-Video out and in (25 FT S-Vid cable)

While watching a movie on my PC the other day, the thought occurred to me: "Why am I NOT utilizing the TV out on my nVidia Graphics Card w/TV out and use the TV (about 20 FT away from the PC) as a second/clone monitor?"

So, I ordered a 25FT S-Video cable (due early next week) and am seeking any advice or instructions from someone who has already done this on how to set the PC/Graphic Card settings to send the best signal to the TV and any other advice you might have.

Thank you for any help.

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice