1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need advice on IBM or Sony

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chalky, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

I've seen a IBM notebook and a Sony laptop ...don't know much about laptops but both these machines have all the specs I want...decider will be the better manufacturer...anyone had any experience with either of these laptop makes...after owning a HP I want to be sure I go for the better of the two...

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

Moved to Hardware.

3. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Not sure about Sony, but IBM customer service is(was) very good.

My last company used a lot of IBM Thinkpads and I used to call in all the ones that needed repair. If it was in warranty and a genuine defect, they would send an empty box by overnight shipping with a prepaid shipping label inside. Always got the laptop back within a week.

This was about two years ago though.

4. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

5. zeddy

zeddy

With Sony you are going to pay a premium, with the IBM you are also not likely to get a hot deal. Have you checked out the Dell Uk site to see what is on offer there. If you want a widescreen laptop then Dell and Sony do these, the Dell comes with better graphics options particularly on the top of the Inspiron Range.

6. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

Thanks Penny ...I will...

Going to be all newed up shortly...new machine..broadband...I hope...cookers on its way out ...car needs a new rad...if anything else starts going wrong I'll just give up... :rolleyes:

Hows the hunting going...anything worthwhile yet...I'm so behind with things...and yet although I'm trying to catch up I'm inundated...mail...phone calls...letters........now Easter is on us I think I'll just bury my head and get back to it later... :D

PM later on...

Jan.... :)

7. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

Thanks JS...zeddy...never thought about a Dell...was just looking for a middle priced machine that had a decent sized HD and Memory with a writer and floppy...searches turned up the two I mentioned and looked quite good to me...admit most things look good after this machine...although I did choose it for the colour...dark and light grey...not for the specs...but I've learned a lot in the last four years...IBM do a lot of refurbishes with a years guarantee and an option to purchase extra support...thinking about that one....just wanted to know others opinions...toss the coin time... :)

8. zeddy

zeddy

Have a look at the dell uk outlet store, it has refurbished and discounted dells, if you know what specs you want you will get a good deal here. I use dells at work and they do the business.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice