1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Advice on Nvidia Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chrismichael, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chrismichael

Chrismichael Thread Starter

Never had any problems with running WOW on my laptop, but I saw that people with my same laptop were getting 3 times the framerate as me. I have searched but can't find if I'm using the best driver for my card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hp dv2715nr
    2g Ram
    160g Hd
    Amd Turion 64x2
    Vista
    Nvidia Geforce 7150m/nForce630m
    Forceware version 156.65

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. nessyguin

nessyguin

Same laptop doesnt mean same configuration .You could have same CPU/RAM/gfx but your background software may have something to do with it . What firewall and antivirus are you running ?

4. Chrismichael

Vista 32bit and Im using AntiVir Pe Classic.

5. Chrismichael

I went to the Nvidia site and used the auto find, it told me that Hp requires me to download the driver from Hp. I understand why they want me to do this but is it possible downloading the driver from the Nvidia site might yield better results when it comes to my frame rate in WOW.

6. BG-0

BG-0

Well, there didn't seem to be a driver for your specific graphics, so you'd better go to HP. I guess :rolleyes:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice