1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Need an information about hosting.

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by zahid850, Nov 20, 2018.

1. zahid850

zahid850 Thread Starter

I wanna build a link shortener website.I already purchased the script.

I made a test run using free domain and hosting.I used infinity free host. After successfully built,I signuped 2 accounts. But unfortunately,my hosting account suspended for 23 hours and they sent me a mail saying that I reached the daily limit of sql database.

I wanna officially launch my urlshortener website.

So,my question is if people signup in my website will it imcrease the size of my sql database?

If the answer is Yes then please give me a solution about this matter.Many premium hosting sites giving 1gb sql database host.Is there any hosting sites that giving unlimited sql storage?If somebody know please let me also know.

Another request,please also include an example like 1gb storage for how much users.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Lots of hosts offer unlimited storage BUT they all have a fair use clause which you may well fall foul of. You probably want to look for a VPS hosting solution with large enough storage for your needs. This will not be cheap and you will probably needs some skills to manage your hosting and the database. Every url that you shorten will use some database space but it should not be a lot.

From a business perspective you will need a USP to get customers to use your service, particularly if you are going for a paid service) over one of the free ones such as bit.ly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice