1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Batch script

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by jayachandrareddy, Dec 4, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. jayachandrareddy

jayachandrareddy Thread Starter

Hello All,

Greetings!

I am a BI guy.I need a batch script(.bat) for Winodws 7 enterprise edition.
    My requirement:
    I have some 100 files in a network drive which i can access.Each text file contains some 1000 records with some filed names.Now my question is i want to read those files and put result in another file.I dont want all the record of data in the text file. Now i need filename,record count,date of the file .

result file would be:
    Filename record count date
    Filename-1 100 01/dec/2017
    filename-2 1000 01/dec/2017
    filename-3 900 30/nov/2017. This i sthe data i need in a result file(like .csv,exel,.txt as result file)

At same time i have to increment automatically file when new file arrives into the directory.i,e i have executed file today i can see the files upto today.Tomorrow the file should run automatically and update the all files including history files....in the result text.This is because i use this file in a scheduled report in other technology where all these data to display.

I hope you understand.

Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1200561