1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need bigger icons

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pc_loser, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pc_loser

pc_loser Thread Starter

Is there a way to make the icons in the taskbar bigger? A member of my family finds them hard to see. Just wondering.

Thanks in advance.

2. GazmanAus

GazmanAus

By "taskbar", I take it you mean the Quick Launch bar? If so, right-click on an empty part of the Quick Launch bar and select View-Larg Icons. Be aware though that this will change the size of the icons to the default size of your system icons.

To change the default icon size, right-click on an empty part of your Desktop and choose Properties. The Display Properties screen will pop-up. In the Advanced tab (I believe), you'll find a scroll box of things like Desktop Color, Icon Horizontal, Caption Bar, etc. Find and select the one called Icon. Next to that box, you'll see a few options for setting the font and also the size. Just make the number larger, click apply and check the size of your icons on the Desktop or Start Menu. Play with them till you get what you want, then click OK.

Unfortunately, you can't define sizes. WinXP changes all the icon sizes. So if it's big on the Desktop, it's big on the Start Menu, big in Explorer, etc.

3. pc_loser

pc_loser Thread Starter

Ok, we got EVERYTHING big now, and that's the way he seems to like it. Wish he'd wear his glasses once in awhile, lol.

Thanks for the tips.

4. catlady13

catlady13

HI guys I realize this thread has been dead for a while but I have the same problem.. am running windows XP pro but when I right click on an empty spot on the quick launch bar I don't get view. I get nothing that relates to view or that I could use to make the icons bigger. I have a friend with the same problem and haven't had a chance to try hers yet but I want to do it here so I can help her as well. WHen I right click I get Open Folder, Toolbars etc.. same menu as I get when I right click anywhere else on the taskbar that is empty but nothing to do with view. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!