1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Compatible hardware for motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ramakrishna463, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramakrishna463

ramakrishna463 Thread Starter

Hi,.
    I want to what higher configuration of hardware that i can use for my motherboard like processor, Ram, Graphics card etc
    Please help by seeing attached screen shots

Attached Files:

2. OverTallman

OverTallman

First Name:
    Jacky
    The motherboard is an Intel DG31PR, not bad as it supports Xeon without custom BIOS, though it's limited to 4GB. These are the furtherest you can go on this board:
    • CPU: Any LGA775 Core 2 Quad or LGA 771 quad core Xeon (e.g. 5400-series), for the Xeon get the C0 stepping for better compatibility, oyu'll need to mod the socket a little bit to use LGA 771 processors

• RAM: 4GB RAM is the max, use 2 x 2 GB DDR2-800 to achieve this

• Graphics card: Depends on your power supply and budget, if you have a decent PSU and want a cheap but decent card, I'd suggest the GTX 750 Ti, low power and great for budget gaming especially for an old system
    Don't expect miracle on it though, you aren't not gonna play modern AAA games in 1080p on this, but maybe doable in 720p. 4GB RAM is a bigger problem IMO.

If you're building an XP retro gaming machine though...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  3. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    pcpartpicker.com is a great place to compare what is compatible. Just find what you have currently and add on to the list for your build

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice