1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Computer Support!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by uninstaal, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uninstaal

uninstaal Thread Starter

Alright you guys...this situation has really confused me quite a bit. I started off buying a DemonX case for my eMachines computer. I put everything in the new case and turned it on. I saw the lights and my fans going and it looked like the computer was running fine. However, I looked over at my monitor and it was showing a black screen. I pulled out the monitor cable from my cpu and i got the "Check connection" message. This means that it was registering that it was connected yet it wasnt really turning on all the way. Now, i got frustrated and put everything back in the old case and got it running perfectly with the monitor. whats the deal???

Here are the specs of my computer:
    AMD 3200+
    450W PSU
    160GB HD
    Soundblaster Audigy 2
    Nvidia Ge-force 4 Intergrated

2. norton850

norton850

Try hooking up the motherboard with attached CPU/heat sink/ fan and RAM to the new case with the power supply and wire from the case front power switch. However keep the motherboard out of the case on a non conductive surface. You can always trying resetting CMOS with the jumper on the MB.

3. uninstaal

uninstaal Thread Starter

Do you mean putting everything in the new case but have all the cords attached to the MoBo and the MoBo on my desk or something?

4. norton850

norton850

The motherboard should not be in the case. On the motherboard you should just have your RAM, CPU/heatsink and fan. Connect the power supply and the case power switch to the mother board. And of course your monitor cable. Don't worry about hard drives, CDRom drives etc. You're just trying to get something up on the monitor and by doing it this way it eliminates the motherboard shorting on the case as the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!