1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need database that works with Outlook and Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Roger Beck, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Beck

Roger Beck Thread Starter

Hi All,

Right now my "database" is a Word merge file that I use to insert merge fields in all my word documents, it's a bit archaic and slow, plus, there is no way to integrate with Outlook 2003. I tried Act! 2005, and its slow and clunky and wont work for my needs. I want to still be able to use all of my Word documents and all of the merge fields in them as well as update the database from Outlook, send emails to a sorted list, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Roger.

2. flixx

flixx

To Roger:
    Do You Have MS Office Suite installed on your computer? If so chances you have Msaccess, and i suggest you use access for your database. If msaccess is not installed get your office suite cd out and install the software. There is a learning curve, but give it a go and post your questions with the version of access your using and chances are someone will help.
    Hope this helps, Flixx.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice