1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need decent bitmap printer driver for Windows XP (like Superprint), suggestions?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rmay635703, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmay635703

rmay635703 Thread Starter

I need a decent bitmap printer driver for windows xp sp2. AKA a printer driver that outputs a bitmap image file at a specified resolution, size and color depth.

My parents run a custom artwork/poetry business in the malls and have finally gotten their software to function under windows XP (man was that a pain)

Now the only problem left is getting a bitmap printer driver working on the system, I have tried a few and most suck, they either are incompatible with their existing software (no port found) or like to crash.

I am curious if anything somewhat robust like Superprints bitmap printer driver (made for windows 9x) exists for windows XP?

I am not looking to spend hundreds of dollars but I also feel something so simple should also work correctly without major instability or compatibility problems.

Any ideas what bitmap printer drivers would be the most economical but also stable?

And if you are wondering I need the bitmap function so I can scale the writing and artwork to any size I need or photoshop output, since the program itself has not and never will offer such functions.

Cheers
    Ryan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!