1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need driver for mini USB wireless adapter

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pcguy9441, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcguy9441

pcguy9441 Thread Starter

I have one of those micro/mini USB wireless adapters that I'm trying to get working on a reconstituted Win7 HP box. I have a fresh install of Win 7 but have no idea where the driver for the adapter is, so the machine does not see it. I'm not even sure it needs a driver.

Here's the weird thing; I recently plugged the USB wifi thingie into my other box (Win 7 Pro/64) in order to get the PC talking to my smart TV across the room so I could watch Netflix and it came right up fine with no tweaking. I didn't do a thing except reboot. If it needs a driver, it somehow just found it, or does not seem to want one.

On this 2nd box with Pro/64 I can also easily get to the display shown in attachment that shows wireless bars, but on the 1st PC with Win7 Home Prem, going to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing center produces no such display. All it shows is the broadband connection to the cat 5 cable running to my router. It's like the Home Prem system does not support wireless. I did reinstall all drivers from the GByte disc that came with the mobo.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Have you tried different USB ports?
    Especially the ones on the back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice