Need ethernet with no ethernet access

amattingly

I have an hp laptop and windows 10. I lost my home and im staying in a hotel that provides wifi but no ethernet access.. Is there anyway to take the wifi and turn it into a hardwire connection? my laptop has wifi the hotel has wifi, non password protected. I can not plug into a modem.. I have a room with wifi and thats it.. What can I do?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG.

my laptop has wifi the hotel has wifi
I am confused as to what you wish to accomplish. If your laptop has built-in WiFi and the hotel offers WiFi, can't you use the laptop's built-in WiFi to connect to the hotel's WiFi access point?

If your laptop does not have WiFi, there are USB based WiFi adapters that can add WiFi to a non-WiFi equipped computer if it has an available USB port.

There are stand-alone WiFi to Ethernet Bridge devices with one or more Ethernet ports that allow one or more devices with Ethernet ports, but no WiFi to connect to a WiFi access point. EDIT: Here is a link to one such multi-function device that includes a bridge mode:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RCZQH/ref=emc_b_5_i

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online