Need File - CHTSKF.DL_ for slipstreaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bubblz

Account Closed
Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a slipstreamed version of Windows XP Professional. I am following this guide (http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877-6150784.html) to creating bootable, slipstreamed, updated XP_SP2 media; however, I have run into a small snafu. My original XP Pro CD has a small pinhole-size spot in it and, when copying the contents to my hard disk, it won't copy the following file:

I386\LANG\CHTSKF.DLL 154 KB 8/23/2001 11:00 AM

Does anyone have a copy of this file they could send me (with this size and date)? Or can you tell me if it's something that will prevent my new slipstreamed media from working? I tried to Google the file but couldn't find out what it is or what it does. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....Bubblz

That file is part of Microsoft IME Pad for inputting language characters. Not generally used. But if that file is mssing, there are almost undoubtedly other missing files. You should borrow a good copy of XP for your slipstream.

bubblz

Account Closed
Hi Elvandil,

Thanks for the quick response. I did a very tedious file copy.....file by file verification and that's the only one that wouldn't copy that was in a key directory. Powrdvd3 was the only other subdirectory or file that returned an error. Everything else is fine. So you're saying if I leave that file out I won't have a problem?

Thanks....Bubblz

bubblz

Account Closed
Thanks for the link cgesicki!! :) You guys are great.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts