1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition Graphics Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by tj29392, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tj29392

tj29392 Thread Starter

I recently installed NFSMEBE and when I begin a race it's all slow and choppy. It works fine when I adjust the settings so it looks like crap, but the cars move fine.

I have a laptop that has
    768MB RAM
    128MB GFX Card (not sure of the brand)
    Celeron D Processor

Is there a way to make the game look nice but not be slooow?

Thanks
    tom

2. McTimson

McTimson

NFSMW needs a pretty good graphics card to run smooth and look nice. Since you have a laptop, it kind of limits how good your graphics card can be, they don't typically make the greatest graphics cards for laptops. The only thing you can really do is make sure you have the latest drivers, and make sure there's no spyware or adware or anything hogging up resources. Getting the latest drivers usually makes the biggest performance difference, so I would do that. Find out what your video card is, and download the latest drivers for it.

If you don't know what it is, you can post your DXDiag report and we'll tell you, directions for that are located in this post.

Good luck!

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Yes.. If I can find it I'll link you to another post..
    In there, was a mention about registry tweaks to turn off some things that will help..

Even my system had "choppynes".. On med. detail at 800X600..
    Truning off the particles helped a bit.. but some times it would re-enable itself..so..

Off to search.. I'll edit it in if I can find it..

Edit.. http://forums.techguy.org/games/417944-i-got-present-nfs-mw.html?highlight=wanted
    Post #15 and 16 have the key names.. One is for the blurr, and the other is for smoke..
    Have a read and see if it helps.

4. gazza_d

gazza_d

well this probably wont help that much, but im running a dell inspiron 6000, (1.6GHz pentium M, 512MB RAM, 128MB radeon X300 GFX) and i find i can run the game at reasonable frame rates at 1024x768, set the detail to medium. if you close as many of the backround applications as you can, switch off WiFi if you can/ dissconnect from the net, this will help improve game performance. its really just a matter of fiddling with the advanced settings until you find settings that work well.

and remember, high resolutions may look better, but they are the nemesis of frame rates!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice