1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need form filler program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by skeeter5000, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skeeter5000

skeeter5000 Thread Starter

Hello,

I would like a freeware or shareware program that will allow me to scan a form into the program as a text or doc file.

Do you know of one.

TIA,

2. MadDogMugsy

MadDogMugsy Guest

I think you are talking about something that has OCR (optical character recognition) capabilities.

What type of scanner are you using?

cheers
    MDM

3. skeeter5000

Hi,

Using a Visioneer OneTouch.

Twain system.

WindowsME, 196 mgs ram, 40 gb and 3.4 gb harddrives. Pentium II 233 mhz.

I hope this is enought info.

Thanks for the reply.

4. MadDogMugsy

MadDogMugsy Guest

Hi
    I took a look at your product online - states one of the downfalls is that it didn't come with an OCR package
    ... so
    I went to CNET downloads and searched for OCR in Windows
    http://download.com.com/2001-20-0.html?legacy=cnet

It came up with quite a few ... for example, one that caught my eye was Readiris Pro 6.0 (search result http://download.com.com/3000-2064-4995922.html?tag=lst-0-6)
    Description
    Readiris Pro is an Optical Character Recognition package that allows the conversion of everyday documents such as letters, magazines, newspapers, scientific documents, photocopies, faxes, and more into editable text. It allows you to preserve the format of the original document, for example directly in Word. Readiris Pro recognizes up to 55 languages, recreates table objects in Word and Excel, recreates the original layout (even for columnized documents, including tables and graphics) and works with all flatbed and sheet-fed scanners.

The user ratings and license types are displayed within the search results.
    does this help?

cheers
    MDM

5. Ethmer

Ethmer

6. skeeter5000

Hello Mad Dog Mugsy and Ethmer,

Thanks for the replies. I will look into these programs and see how it works out.

Thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice