Need Form Software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

H Ray

Does anyone know where I can get software that will enable me to scan a form and save it to a file in which I can type text to fill in the blanks?

Most OCR's (optical recognition programme) come with a scanner, or you have to pay for one.
This is the only free one I've ever come across. Haven't used it myself but someone who has reported that it was nice and simple and did the job.

http://www.simpleocr.com/Info.asp

Forms capable OCR is pricey. The versions that come bundled with most scanners won’t give you a form that looks much like the original. Omni Page Pro will do a decent job on forms. This is as good a price as I’ve seen but you might be able to do better: http://scantips.com/scansoft.html#op14

I fill out forms in Photoshop. I scan it into Photoshop and use the text tool. Once you get the text size right it is a snap since you can move each entry exactly where you want it. I would think any decent image editor could do that.

I wasn't paying attention and missed the word 'form' in the post sorry. As Slipe says, they can be tricky. Certainly don't think that free one is up to the job.
2 I use that are, are Readiris Pro and Abbey Fine reader. I've only just had readiris and it seems to do a better job on first impression.

Adobe Acrobat will do that. You will have to create each field but that is easy to do.

H Ray

Thanks, folks. I think I will try my image editor and text tool. Why didn't I think of that!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online