need free websit for webcam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

puter hater

Does any one know of a free web page site that I can have a web cam on. One that does not have a ton of pop up adds on it.....

thank you
puter hater

Not sure what you mean. If you have a webcam server you can post a link and it will open to your webcam. You need a static IP or DynDNS to use it though.

Correct me if i'm wrong, Are you looking for a site in which you have space to create a free webpage..
(If thats correct I will explain how thats done, If not try and explain yourself a little bit better)

Go to: http://www.freewebs.com/
This is a free web creating service which is great for beginers and experts, This allows everything with a reasionable ammount of space.
Create an account, Your URL to your site will then be
http://www.freewebs.com/**********
(* = Username)
I agree this is a very boring and long URL, So I have another 2 options for you.

Now after creating your site on freewebs, Go to:
Http://www.dot.tk
or
Http://www.shorturls.com
These are re-directary sites, They will create your URl easier and more professional.. (I.e www.******.tk)

I hope this helps you, If not please inform me as i'm sure i'll be able to help..
Moorsey38

puter hater

im sorry I didn't articulate the question well enough....
Yes that is what Im looking for a site to a web cam on. I have one now but to much pop ups....
PH

puter hater

I don't believe this free website serves accepts web cams....

Freewebs sites are free but I believe they do not accept web cams... this is what they say...
"Tired of uploading one file at a time? Want to access your FreeWebs account with MS Frontpage, Dreamweaver, or other FTP clients? Great News! We are currently offering FTP access at 50% off the regular price. Sign up now for this renewable limited-time offer!"
My web cam uses FTP to up load.

Humm,
Looking deeper into freewebs I realised your unable to upload webcam..
I'm rearlly sorry for sending you their I do hope you accept my appoligie.

You said your webcam needs FTP to upload your webcam, To my understandings FTP usually charges but I have found a site with 30 days of free subscription.
Go to:
http://www.globalscape.com/

This will allow you to upload your webcam to your webpage, I rearlly hope this helps you..
If i'm mistaken again please inform me (Hopefully I'm not)
Moorsey38

puter hater

Rockn said:
HOst your own.
such big words without an explanation....otherwords somebody with proper experience could siefer "HOst you own" but I have no idea how to even start to "HOst my own."

ph

What OS are you running? Do you have a broadband connection? Do you have a router? You can also get free web server software like Apache you can host your web site on. Hosting your own web site you can pretty much do whatever you want on it.

Except for the whole constantly on computer thing. I once tried apache, but couldnt figure out where I was suppossed to put files etc.

You did not mention the ISP you are using, but some provide free web space for their customers and will accept FTP transfers. I use Comcast and they do just that. Check with your ISP.

FTP transfers are not the issue, he wants to run a webcam on his site.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online