1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need greenscreen

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by AV 814, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AV 814

AV 814 Thread Starter

2. mangal

mangal

hi steve

i did'n understand the nature of the project

The chroma screen is used to add a different visual (let me call it a plate),later on in post production.This chroma screen could be either of Blue colour or green,assuming the foreground object is something without these tints on them.Human skin tone lacks these two colours,thats why we use green or blue.

And,dude just take care when you light up the screen

Points to be noted
    1.Avoid any kind of soft filtration
    2.Let the character be sufficiently away from the screen,so that ,the reflection of the screen doesnt hit them
    3.and enjoy the shoot
    mangal

3. Knotbored

Knotbored

depending on how large a screen you need you might use a king-size bedsheet, or several sewn together. Linen supply stores sell these in almost every color, including green and blue.

4. AV 814

AV 814 Thread Starter

Do they sell them in bright green, how much are they????

These aren't that expensive.....so why not just get these?

5. madatintuit

madatintuit

I did not look at the date this was posted so if it is too late - sorry.
    Some companies make a green screen paint (DigiGreen, DigiBlue) or something like that. I have used a good one from a local paint manufacture in Los Angeles and it works good and like the other post said pick the right one for your shoot. I found the paint to be better priced for a large backdrop and depending on the size I would paint a room or get a cloth drop cloth and paint that. Ok so it was cheep shoot. Paint was about $125+- gallon and you will need to spray it to get the best color. If you know what you are doing you can cover about 175 to 200 sq feet. If you don't you may be luckily to get over 100 sq feet.

6. MarkGrath

MarkGrath

Rosco Paint on the warehouse walls and Layouttiles on the floor have lasted through lots of shoots for me. A portable backdrop with frame is good for location work.

7. ferrija1

ferrija1

Just get a green or blue non-reflective sheet or board to use (any one of those from B&H will work fine) . The biggest thing you have to worry about lighting. You want it to be soft and even and you want to make sure that the green does not bounce onto the people. You also don't want any shadows and you should keep the subject at least four feet away from the screen.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice