Need help/advice upgrading PHP files to current version

shoff

I am retired and in my 70's. My website is supposed to be my retirement hobby/part time sales income. I used Html to create my Website, additionally, I have an online ecommerce section that uses CSS, PHP and MySql. I started with an open source cart template and personally added the 2500 products one by one. It worked beautifully until my hosting service sold out to another service. The new hosting service didn't support the PHP version used in my files and gave me no time to view the files in order to upgrade them. Their customer service was lacking so instead of renewing with them, I went to another provider. They don't support the PHP version either, but have at least been helpful getting the other parts of my website working. I need direction on how to upgrade the PHP to get all of my ecommerce files using the newest version. I ultimately need step by step instructions as I am sorely lacking in tech skills. I am an ok end user, but right now I am really confused. Is there anyone willing to work with me, please? I think my files are using PHP 5.3 but that is what my old Hosting service told me, I don't know how to tell.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online